October 31, 2010
Connections Ministry Centre!
Let your Group leader(s) know if you can help renovate the space, or have some items of use (book shelves, NICE furniture, etc).
Ark Aid, November 17. 12 volunteers needed to serve from 6-9pm.
Operation Christmas Child. Boxes now available at Connections. Drop off date is Sunday, November 14.
- Outreach Coordinator. Help us plan monthly community service and outreach events, such as serving at the Ark Aid and Operation Christmas Child.
- Sound Board Operator. If you’re willing, we can train you!
- Family Ministry- Lead Teacher and Helper positions. Training date November 7.
- First Impressions Ministry. Greeters, Ushers, Cafe, Information Centre positions.
“The affirmation that God is a triune being: one in essence, three in persons- God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.”
Have you ever heard of the doctrine of the Trinity before?
How were you taught about the Trinity as a child (if you grew up in a church), and was it helpful?
2 Corinthians 13:14 “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
What does this verse tell us about who God is and how God works?
1. The Trinity works by helping us understand the bible.
“Not antithetical, antimonious!”
Read Genesis 1:12, 26-27.
How does the Trinity help you to understand this passage?
2. The Trinity works by helping us understand our God.
“The Immanent Trinity.”
Read Matthew 3:13-17
Discuss this passage and how it reveals the triune God.
How is this connected to the great commission (Matthew 20:19)?
Three mistakes the Trinity guards us from:
Subordinationism: One God (Father) and two lesser creatures (Son and Holy Spirit)
Modalism: Father, then Son, then Holy Spirit
Tritheism: Three separate gods
Why is it important is it to guard against these teachings?
How does one differ from the doctrine of the trinity as taught by the church?
3. The Trinity works by helping us understand our salvation.
“The Economic Trinity.”
Read 1 John 4:7-14
Discuss this passage, how it helps define the trinity and how it helps us to understand our salvation.
E 100 Challenge Readings, October 24-30
Day 39: 1 Kings 16-19
Day 40: 2 Kings 25
Day 41: Psalm 23
Day 42: Psalm 51
Day 43: Psalm 103
Day 44: Proverbs 1-4
Day 45: Proverbs 16-19